- 1 How do you read work drawings?
- 2 How do you read site plan drawings?
- 3 What are the 6 types of construction drawings?
- 4 What is construction plan?
- 5 What are drawings in construction?
- 6 How do you read drawing symbols?
- 7 What does C stand for on a floor plan?
- 8 What are construction site plans?
- 9 How many types of construction drawings are there?
- 10 Who prepares construction drawings?
- 11 What are the types of drawings?
How do you read work drawings?
Drawing Scale Construction plans ( blueprints ) are scaled down representations of the final project at a ratio of the actual size. For example, 1/8″ = 1′ (one eighth inch equals one foot). When construction plans are scaled, it helps to put the part into a print size drawing that is easily read by the crew.
How do you read site plan drawings?
Tips on How to Read a Site Plan
- Find The Title Block. In the bottom right corner of most plans, you’ll find what’s called a title block.
- Learn the Plan’s Scale.
- Determine the Orientation of the Plan.
- Know the Datum Point.
- Note the Site’s Contours.
- Locate Existing Structures.
What are the 6 types of construction drawings?
Below are the different types of construction drawings.
- 1 Architectural Drawings: This is one of the types of construction drawings.
- Structural Drawings:
- Electrical Drawings:
- Plumbing and Sanitary Drawings:
- Finishing Drawing:
What is construction plan?
It involves the choice of technology, the definition of work tasks, the estimation of the required resources and durations for individual tasks, and the identification of any interactions among the different work tasks. A good construction plan is the basis for developing the budget and the schedule for work.
What are drawings in construction?
Construction drawings provide the graphical representation, indicating the arrangement of components, detailing, dimensions, and so on. A complete set of construction drawings tends to comprise floor plans, elevations, sections, and detail drawings, that together provide a complete representation of the building.
How do you read drawing symbols?
They are often in the bottom right-hand corner of the drawing /part. Information Blocks
- The name and address of the company who produced/ owns the drawings.
- The part number and description.
- General tolerances.
- Projection details.
What does C stand for on a floor plan?
House plan abbreviations
|CBD / CPD||Cupboard|
What are construction site plans?
A site plan is a “set of construction drawings that a builder or contractor uses to make improvements to a property. Counties can use the site plan to verify that development codes are being met and as a historical resource.
How many types of construction drawings are there?
Different types of drawings is used in construction such as architectural drawings, structural, electrical, plumbing and finishing drawings. These drawings provides layout plans and details for construction of each and every part of the building.
Who prepares construction drawings?
As-Built Drawings: As-Built Drawings are typically prepared by the contractor. They are more like interpolations done for construction purposes. On the original construction documents and drawings, the as-built changes are made by the contractor in red ink.
What are the types of drawings?
Different Kinds of Drawing
- Illustration Drawing. These are drawings that are created to represent the lay-out of a particular document.
- Life Drawing. Drawings that result from direct or real observations are life drawings.
- Emotive Drawing.
- Analytic Drawing.
- Perspective Drawing.
- Diagrammatic Drawing.
- Geometric Drawing.