- 1 What are building specifications?
- 2 What does specs mean in construction?
- 3 What are the types of specification in construction?
- 4 What is a specification used for in construction?
- 5 What are the different types of specifications?
- 6 What is an outline specification?
- 7 What are the 3 types of construction?
- 8 Why is construction specification important?
- 9 What is a performance specification in construction?
- 10 What are the two most common types of specification?
- 11 What are the two main uses of specifications?
- 12 What does General Specification mean?
- 13 What are plans and specifications?
- 14 What is included in a specification?
- 15 What do specifications mean?
What are building specifications?
Building Specifications (also called “ specs ”) are used by subcontractors and teams as a guide to choosing the right materials for the specialized project. Their overall purpose is to define the requirements for project execution regarding installation, materials, products, procedures, and quality aspects.
What does specs mean in construction?
Construction specifications, also known, as specs, detail the work and workmanship needed to complete a construction project.
What are the types of specification in construction?
There are two types of specifications.
- General Specifications.
- Detailed Specifications.
What is a specification used for in construction?
Construction specifications are a part of the construction contract. They detail the work, materials, and installation required to complete a project. The specs are a subcontractor’s field guide on what materials to use, how to install them, and the desired level of quality.
What are the different types of specifications?
Four Types of “Specifications ”
- Product Specification: This describes a manufacturer’s product and its performance without consideration for a particular building.
- Project Specification: This describes an architect’s design and performance requirements for a particular building.
- Master Specification:
- Guide Specification:
What is an outline specification?
Based on definitions from the AIA Handbook and the CSI Manual of Practice, an outline specification is an itemized list, using brief, concise statements, of significant materials, systems, and equipment and their criteria and levels of quality. Tailor each outline specification to the specific project.
What are the 3 types of construction?
The three types of construction specifications are prescriptive, performance, and proprietary.
Why is construction specification important?
The specification provides clear instructions on project intent, performance and construction. It can reference the quality and standards which should be applied. A specification can support project costing, not only the materials and products but the performance and workmanship.
What is a performance specification in construction?
Specifications are written documents that describe the materials and workmanship required for a development. They do not include cost, quantity or drawn information but need to be read alongside other contract documentation such as quantities, schedules and drawings.
What are the two most common types of specification?
UK project specification types fall into two main categories prescriptive and performance. Prescriptive specifications define the requirements using generic or proprietary descriptions of what is required, whereas performance specifications focus on the outcomes rather than the characteristics of the components.
What are the two main uses of specifications?
Purposes of Specifications
- To show the strength of construction material or construction work.
- To show the ratio of concrete or mortar ingredients.
- TO show the type of material like type of wood, glass etc.
- To show the color of construction material.
- To show the clauses of contracts.
- To show the cost of material.
What does General Specification mean?
Brief specification ( General specification ) The general specification is mainly suitable for estimating the project but do not from part of contract document. It states in brief description of various items of the work specifying materials, proportions, qualities etc.
What are plans and specifications?
Plan and spec is a method of commercial construction project delivery where design drawings (or plans ) are created along with written specifications (or specs ) to further describe the equipment and parts shown in the drawings.
What is included in a specification?
These are Specifications that define the technical and physical characteristics and/or measurements of a product, such as physical aspects (e.g. dimensions, colour, and surface finish), design details, material properties, energy requirements, processes, maintenance requirements and operational requirements.
What do specifications mean?
1: the act or process of specifying. 2a: a detailed precise presentation of something or of a plan or proposal for something —usually used in plural. b: a statement of legal particulars (as of charges or of contract terms) also: a single item of such statement.