How do you read site plan drawings?
Tips on How to Read a Site Plan
- Find The Title Block. In the bottom right corner of most plans, you’ll find what’s called a title block.
- Learn the Plan’s Scale.
- Determine the Orientation of the Plan.
- Know the Datum Point.
- Note the Site’s Contours.
- Locate Existing Structures.
How do you read CAD drawings?
How to Read CAD House Plan Drawings
- Look at the legend. The legend or key, usually located near the lower right-hand corner of the drawing, should explain all of the symbols on the drawing.
- Look at the title block.
- Read the notes.
- Pay attention to lines.
What are the 6 types of construction drawings?
Below are the different types of construction drawings.
- 1 Architectural Drawings: This is one of the types of construction drawings.
- Structural Drawings:
- Electrical Drawings:
- Plumbing and Sanitary Drawings:
- Finishing Drawing:
Is it hard to read blueprints?
All construction professionals, regardless of whether they are working in the field or in the office, must know how to read blueprints. Blueprint reading is not terribly difficult but it does require practice and some basic knowledge of blueprints.
How do you read a plan?
The Basics: How to Read Architectural Plans
- Be organized and diligent when reading plans. Start in upper left corner and work way across page so as not to miss any details.
- Read the plan cover sheet.
- There are often reference points that are used between professionals and sets of drawings.
- Review the plan index which provides a list of all plan sheets.
How can I teach myself CAD?
How To Learn AutoCAD On Your Own?
- Find blogs and tutorials specific to your field of work.
- Search for exercises that will help you to memorize various commands by practice.
- Start by learning how to use 2D drawing tools and applying what you learn to 2D drawings.
- Practice, practice and then practice some more.
Is CAD easy to learn?
First, CAD programs are not easy to learn. Some parametric and 3D CAD applications have fairly steep learning curves. Due to their complexity, the commitment to learn is longer. CAD programs, such as AutoCAD or 3DS Max, can have up to 1500 to 3000 commands within the program.
How do you read drawing symbols?
They are often in the bottom right-hand corner of the drawing /part. Information Blocks
- The name and address of the company who produced/ owns the drawings.
- The part number and description.
- General tolerances.
- Projection details.