- 1 Why is safety important on a construction site?
- 2 Why is WHS law important?
- 3 What are the most important safety rules in construction?
- 4 What safety legislative requirements relate to your work in the construction industry?
- 5 What are the five safety measures?
- 6 What are the safety precautions in a construction site?
- 7 What are the 4 main objectives of the Health and Safety at Work Act?
- 8 What are the 4 key principles of work health and safety?
- 9 What are the legal requirements for health and safety?
- 10 What are 10 safety rules?
- 11 What are 10 safety rules in a workshop?
- 12 What is safety rules?
- 13 Who is responsible for construction site safety?
- 14 How do you manage risks involved in the building and construction workplace?
- 15 What are the top 10 safety risks in construction?
Why is safety important on a construction site?
Not only does construction site safety decrease the risk of injuries to the public, but it also reduces the risk of work -related injuries and accidents. OSHA estimates that nearly a quarter of all work -related fatalities occur in the construction industry, and many more injuries that do not lead to death occur as well.
Why is WHS law important?
The main object of the Act is to provide for a balanced and nationally consistent framework to secure the health and safety of workers and workplaces. It does this by: protecting workers and other persons from harm by requiring duty holders to eliminate or minimise risk.
What are the most important safety rules in construction?
Nine Basic Construction Safety Rules
- Always wear your seatbelt when in a vehicle or heavy equipment.
- Always inspect equipment and tools.
- Always use fall protection when working at heights.
- Stay of out the blind spots of heavy equipment.
- Never put yourself in the line of fire.
- Utilize proper housekeeping measures to keep work areas clean.
What safety legislative requirements relate to your work in the construction industry?
Every workplace will require a construction work Code of Practice that is approved under law. The code will need to be approved under section 274 of the Work Health and Safety Act (the WHS Act ). This code gives guidance to employers and workers about ways to identify and manage risks.
What are the five safety measures?
5 Important Safety Measures Every Construction Worker Must Remember
- Always Double Check your Work Area.
- Be Attentive when Working With Electricity and Equipment.
- Prevent Fires and Maintain Fencing.
- Wear Appropriate Safety Apparel and Gear.
- First Aid Kits Should Be Readily Available.
What are the safety precautions in a construction site?
8 Important Safety Measures for Construction Sites
- Manage and Mitigate Risk with a Safety Training Program.
- Ensure Electrical Safety at Construction Sites.
- Implement Strict Security and Safety Protocols.
- Have a Safe Work Assessment Process in Place.
- Make Sure Chemical Storage Safety Requirements are Strictly Followed.
- Display Signage Clearly at the Construction Site.
What are the 4 main objectives of the Health and Safety at Work Act?
provide a safe place of employment. provide a safe working environment. provide a written safety policy/risk assessment.
What are the 4 key principles of work health and safety?
Objects & Principles
- secure the health, safety and welfare of employees and other people at work;
- protect the public from the health and safety risks of business activities;
- eliminate workplace risks at the source; and.
What are the legal requirements for health and safety?
The Workplace ( Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992
- adequate lighting, heating, ventilation and workspace (and keep them in a clean condition);
- staff facilities, including toilets, washing facilities and refreshment; and.
- safe passageways, i.e. to prevent slipping and tripping hazards.
What are 10 safety rules?
10 Safety Rules Your Child Should Learn
- Rule #1: Know Your Name, Number, & Address.
- Rule #2 Talking to Strangers is a Big No.
- Rule #3 Good Touch & Bad Touch.
- Rule #4 Never Climb a Wall or a Fence.
- Rule #5 Playing with Fire & Sharp Objects Not Allowed.
- Rule #6 Your Child Should be Aware of the School Emergency Procedures.
What are 10 safety rules in a workshop?
15 workshop safety rules
- 15 WORKSHOP SAFETY RULES LEANDRO RACHE FICHA 962077.
- DON´T RUN IN THE WORKSHOP.
- ALWAYS WEAR AN APRON.
- 3 WEAR STRONG SHOES.
- DON´T RUSH YOUR PROJECTS.
- TIE UP LONG HAIR.
- ROLL UP SLEEVES.
- 7 NEVER WORK ALONE IN THE WORKSHOP.
What is safety rules?
Safety rules outline the expected “do’s and don’ts” regarding safety within the operation. WHY IS IT IMPORTANT? Establishing safety rules within the organization is one of the most fundamental steps a company can take when developing a safety program.
Who is responsible for construction site safety?
OSHA states that if you are the primary contractor on a construction site, you may maintain responsibility for safety even if there are subcontractors on the site as well. Regulations state that the prime contractor maintains overall responsibility in ensuring everyone on the site complies with safety regulations.
How do you manage risks involved in the building and construction workplace?
The four steps for managing WHS risks are:
- Step 1 – Identify hazards. Find out what could cause harm.
- Step 2 – Assess risks.
- Step 3 – Control risks.
- Step 4 – Review control measures.
What are the top 10 safety risks in construction?
The top ten risks and hazards from working on construction sites are:
- Slips, trips, and falls.
- Hand arm vibration syndrome.
- Material and manual handling.
- Collapsing trenches.
- Airborne fibres and materials.