- 1 How do you read site plan drawings?
- 2 What are the 6 types of construction drawings?
- 3 How do you read CAD drawings?
- 4 What does C stand for on a floor plan?
- 5 How many types of construction drawings are there?
- 6 Who prepares construction drawings?
- 7 What are construction plans?
- 8 How do you read a floor plan?
- 9 What is a profile grade line?
- 10 How can I teach myself CAD?
- 11 Is CAD easy to learn?
- 12 How do you read drawing symbols?
How do you read site plan drawings?
Tips on How to Read a Site Plan
- Find The Title Block. In the bottom right corner of most plans, you’ll find what’s called a title block.
- Learn the Plan’s Scale.
- Determine the Orientation of the Plan.
- Know the Datum Point.
- Note the Site’s Contours.
- Locate Existing Structures.
What are the 6 types of construction drawings?
Below are the different types of construction drawings.
- 1 Architectural Drawings: This is one of the types of construction drawings.
- Structural Drawings:
- Electrical Drawings:
- Plumbing and Sanitary Drawings:
- Finishing Drawing:
How do you read CAD drawings?
How to Read CAD House Plan Drawings
- Look at the legend. The legend or key, usually located near the lower right-hand corner of the drawing, should explain all of the symbols on the drawing.
- Look at the title block.
- Read the notes.
- Pay attention to lines.
What does C stand for on a floor plan?
House plan abbreviations
|CBD / CPD||Cupboard|
How many types of construction drawings are there?
Different types of drawings is used in construction such as architectural drawings, structural, electrical, plumbing and finishing drawings. These drawings provides layout plans and details for construction of each and every part of the building.
Who prepares construction drawings?
As-Built Drawings: As-Built Drawings are typically prepared by the contractor. They are more like interpolations done for construction purposes. On the original construction documents and drawings, the as-built changes are made by the contractor in red ink.
What are construction plans?
Construction Plans are 2D Drawings Information such as dimensions, parts, placement, and materials for each project can all be found in construction drawings to assure the project is completed correctly. Aside from the apparent specs and dimensions, construction plans also help communicate what the project is about.
How do you read a floor plan?
How To Read a Floor Plan
- The floor plan is the heart of constructional drawings.
- For starters, look at the floor plan as a whole.
- Next, locate the front entrance to the house.
- Doors and windows are two of the most important elements shown on a floor plan.
- The next thing to look for is ceiling height.
What is a profile grade line?
The profile grade line moves either up or down to accomodate superelevation with axis of rotation applied. Subassemblies that are used between the pivot point and the baseline raise or lower the profile grade line to accomodate the pivot point.
How can I teach myself CAD?
How To Learn AutoCAD On Your Own?
- Find blogs and tutorials specific to your field of work.
- Search for exercises that will help you to memorize various commands by practice.
- Start by learning how to use 2D drawing tools and applying what you learn to 2D drawings.
- Practice, practice and then practice some more.
Is CAD easy to learn?
First, CAD programs are not easy to learn. Some parametric and 3D CAD applications have fairly steep learning curves. Due to their complexity, the commitment to learn is longer. CAD programs, such as AutoCAD or 3DS Max, can have up to 1500 to 3000 commands within the program.
How do you read drawing symbols?
They are often in the bottom right-hand corner of the drawing /part. Information Blocks
- The name and address of the company who produced/ owns the drawings.
- The part number and description.
- General tolerances.
- Projection details.