- 1 What defines a construction site?
- 2 What are the 3 types of construction?
- 3 What do construction sites need?
- 4 What is the function of a construction site?
- 5 What are the 5 types of construction?
- 6 What are the 4 types of construction?
- 7 What are the two types of construction?
- 8 What is Type 2 construction?
- 9 What are the principles of construction?
- 10 What should you not do on a construction site?
- 11 What happens on the first day of a construction site?
- 12 How do you keep a construction site safe?
- 13 What is the highest position in construction?
- 14 What are the ranks in construction?
- 15 What type of jobs are in construction?
What defines a construction site?
A construction site is an area or piece of land on which construction works are being carried out. Typically, land will become a construction site when it is handed over to a contractor to begin the construction works.
What are the 3 types of construction?
The three types of construction specifications are prescriptive, performance, and proprietary.
What do construction sites need?
The bare necessities needed on every construction site
- Backhoe Loader. The backhoe loader, commonly referred to as a JCB, has become synonymous with a construction site.
- Aerial work platform.
- Concrete Mixer.
- Portable cabins.
- Hard hats, safety jackets and safety harnesses.
What is the function of a construction site?
They are responsible for planning, budgeting, and overseeing progress. During the planning process they must decide what materials to be used, how to schedule employees, and create a schedule for the project. They must keep constant communication with all others on the project as well as the client.
What are the 5 types of construction?
Buildings can be categorized into five different types of construction: fire-resistive, non-combustible, ordinary, heavy timber, and wood-framed.
What are the 4 types of construction?
The four major types of construction include residential building, institutional and commercial building, specialized industrial construction, infrastructure and heavy construction.
What are the two types of construction?
THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY IS divided into two sectors: Non-residential, which has three sub-sectors (heavy industrial, institutional and commercial, engineering), and Residential.
What is Type 2 construction?
TYPE II: Non-Combustible Typically exposed metal floor and roof system and metal or masonry walls. • Least stable in terms of collapse, when exposed to fire. Type II construction is typically found in new buildings and remodels of commercial structures. The walls and roofs are constructed of non-combustible materials.
What are the principles of construction?
The Five Construction Principles have been established so that the five elements: environmental protection, safety, speed, economy, and aesthetics, conform with a balanced regular pentagon.
What should you not do on a construction site?
Construction Site Safety Dos and Don’ts:
- DO listen to the foreman and whoever is guiding you through the site. Wandering off to take photos or see other areas of construction can be dangerous.
- DO watch where you’re going.
- Don’t climb on anything that isn’t a fully constructed stair.
- Don’t touch any tools.
What happens on the first day of a construction site?
What to Expect: Your First Day on a Construction Site
- Site -Specific Orientation.
- Never Compromise Safety.
- Be Well Prepared.
- Watch and Listen.
- Bring Your Food and Water.
- Don’t Underestimate Construction Work.
How do you keep a construction site safe?
10 Simple Construction Site Safety Rules
- Wear your PPE at all times. When you enter the site, make sure you have the PPE you need.
- Do not start work without an induction.
- Keep a tidy site.
- Do not put yourself or others at risk.
- Follow safety signs and procedures.
- Never work in unsafe areas.
- Report defects and near misses.
- Never tamper with equipment.
What is the highest position in construction?
1. Construction Manager. Construction managers usually make the highest salary within the construction industry at an average of $87,400 a year or $48 an hour. There is also a large amount of room to grow and increase your salary.
What are the ranks in construction?
- Assistant Project Manager.
- Building Inspector.
- Civil Engineer.
- Field Engineer.
What type of jobs are in construction?
List of jobs in construction
- Construction worker.
- Construction inspector.
- Flooring installer.
- Tile setter.
- Brick mason.